Many community members, faculty members, staff members and students have assembled, adapted, and created tools to facilitate targeted learning and cross-cultural understanding through immersive experiential learning. Those tools include documents that:
- Facilitate course planning and program development
- Serve as model syllabi or syllabi templates
- Encourage reflective thinking specific to intercultural border crossing and examination of power and privilege
- Stimulate reflective thinking about global citizenship and civic engagement
- Consider the notions of service, development, philanthropy, and best practices in community partnership
- Offer tips for integrating reflection throughout courses and programs
Many of these tools apply to many different categories. On occasion we therefore post them in more than one category. Please add tools that may benefit individuals and communities engaged in conscientious community-driven GSL.